Panasonic AG-HPX250E Overview
The Panasonic AG-HPX250 PAL P2 Handheld Camcorder is Panasonic’s first camera with a P2 workflow, featuring two P2 card slots for file-based, solid-state P2 flash memory cards. The camera combines 1/3″ 2.2 megapixel 3-MOS sensors with a 20-bit Digital Signal Processor to capture master-quality 10-bit, 4:2:2 independent-frame, 1920 x 1080 images. It records natively in AVC-Intra 100 for five hours at 720/24pN and for three hours at 1080/24pN, onto two 64GB cards in both scenarios. The HPX250 can additionally record in AVC-Intra 50, industry-standard DVCPRO-HD, and standard definition in DVCPRO50, DVCPRO and DV. AVC-Intra 100 is fully compliant with the H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC standard, and DVCPRO-HD offers compatibility with leading editing systems and video servers. The camera records in both HD and SD formats and frame rates, and also has variable frame rate capability in 1080p up to 30fps (17 steps) as well as 720p up to 60fps (25 steps) for undercranking / overcranking to create fast or slow-motion effects.
Connections include SDI and HDMI for multi-camera operation and monitoring. Outstanding features are applicable for reality TV, news, and documentary productions and consist of the following: a 22x HD wide zoom lens with independent Zoom, Focus and Iris rings and with an Optical Image Stabilizer that ensures stable images during hand-held shooting; Flash Band Compensation helps eliminate color tears when shooting in areas where external flashes are used; Dynamic Range Stretch varies the gamma within an image to help in shooting situations that quickly vary from bright to dark; genlock; timecode; instant recording startup; clip thumbnail view for immediate access to video content on all cards; continuous recording; card slot selection; hot swapping; loop; pre-record; one-shot and interval recording; and 2X Focus Assist, which lets you zoom the center section of the screen to determine if the focus is correct.
Pro audio capacity consists of four channels of 48kHZ / 16-bit digital audio recording, two locking XLR inputs with switches for mic/line, two RCA audio outputs, and +48V Phantom Power.
- Two P2 card slots
- 10-bit, 4:2:2, full-resolution, independent-frame, AVC-Intra 100
- 1/3″ 2.2M 3MOS imager
- 22X wide HD fixed lens
- Mechanical zoom with 3 rings — Zoom / Focus / Iris
- HD/SD formats, frame rates, variable frame rates (720p/1080p)
- Professional input/outputs, including genlock, timecode, HD-SDI, HDMI
- Easy operation with 4 user buttons
- Digital Zoom (2X / 5X / 10X)
- Flash Band Compensation
- Dynamic Range Stretch
- Built-in SMPTE time-code generator / reader
- 4-position ND optical filter controls
- Widescreen LCOS color viewfinder
- Widescreen LCD color flip-out monitor
- Multiple top and bottom 1/4″ 20 and 3/8″ screw holes
- Auto focus with face detection, white balance, mode display, zebra display, color bar, tally lamps, slow shutter and synchro-scan shutter functions